Thursday, May 8, 2008

From Anne in Australia on Amazon.Com


The Best Catholic Mother's Prayer Book!, May 8, 2008
By Anne "aussieannie" (Australia)

This book has been such a great blessing to my motherhood, it keeps my heart and soul focused in a very special way to God, Our Lady and the saints and to the needs of my children. This book has been the perfect prayer manual companion to keep my heart soft and continually directed to my children and my eternal destination. And I know that it is only through daily prayer that it is possible. The prayers are written in such a way to speak to my heart as well as directing my petitions for my children's heart and soul.

The book is artistically delightful, a little hardback book that can weather my handling of it and the occasional 'pouncing upon' by little chubby fingers and small enough to carry in the handbag.

The pages are filled with heart touching informal prayers, poems, quotes from the saints, lovely motherly thoughts, formal prayers we all know (The Memorare, St Michael prayer, prayer to St Therese etc.) Another important addition to this book is a 'Spiritual Communion' often mothers cannot get to daily Mass but they can unite themselves spiritually with the Lord. Finally, there is a reflection at the end of each chapter, good for meditation if you wish to add a 'mini retreat' to the end of your day's or week's prayers (whenever you have time to add it in.)

We all want as mothers, one book that offers us the most perfect prayers that really meet our spirtual and emotional needs - this is it.

Donna-Marie I understand, was particularly encouraged by Mother Teresa to write this book and this saint prayed for it as well. I've just finished reading "Come Be My Light" on the spiritual life of Mother Teresa and I can see Mother Teresa's simple love and 'signature' in Donna-Marie's writings, she obviously was greatly inspired by Mother.

I buy this book all the time to give as gifts to mothers when they have had a new baby or as a birthday gift for friends who have children. I know I am giving them the best little present ever! I can't recommend this book enough.

If you would like to read more of my thoughts on this book and see how I use it daily, go and visit my blog: http://starrymantle.blogspot.com/2008/03/my-perfect-mothers-prayerbook.html You will also see pictures of the inside of this beautiful book.

***


Thank you so very much dear Anne! God bless you and your beautiful family!

No comments: