Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Beautiful Saint Anne!


My friend, Anne in Australia gives us some lovely thoughts and prayers to ponder today. She said:

"Molly over at Heaven not Harvard has shared her own devotion to St Anne as well as her beautiful statues and images of her! (I love them Molly!)

It is always such a beautiful thing to see another mother develop a new or deeper devotion to the mother of Our Lady ~ St Anne, who is our most merciful grandmother. That they too, come to discover her mercy, her powerful and loving intercession.

I love to keep focusing on the attribute of mercy. On this earth she dwelt in the house of mercy this has to be significant in the way that Our Lord, the Bread of Life was born in Bethlehem, meaning 'House of Bread.' That connection I believe, is our pointer, our guide to the heart of Good St Anne. The Church is full of examples throughout the ages ~ that heaven drops it's clues to those who are open to see. Of course, good and loving nana's, grandmothers, grandma's throughout the world, knowingly or unknowingly, follow her example, for they are always merciful, in a special way..." (Continued at her beautiful blog)

1 comment:

Gae said...

I love Anne's Saint Anne Days. It was here that I developed my own St Anne Devotion.
God Bless