Sunday, February 8, 2009

Review of The Domestic Church: Room by Room


"It’s truly a privilege to write a review on The Domestic Church - Room by Room by Donna-Marie Cooper O’Boyle, for The Catholic Company.

The title of the book intrigued me. As the mother of a large homeschooling family, it’s not too difficult for me to see our home as the Domestic Church…our faith is rooted in everything we do and our home reflects our rich, Catholic heritage.

I was immediately taken by the warm, friendly and inviting tone set by the author as she seeks to lead us “room by room” on a spiritual journey of self-discovery…one that ultimately leads us to a deeper appreciation of our role as “the heart of the home. I’m quite sure the sweet metaphor of each “room” will charm you, so I’ll not give much away…

The Domestic Church - Room by Room is well written, with thought-provoking questions at the end of each chapter. This book is well suited to large group study, and yet, was a delight for this busy mom to curl up with, all alone at the end of the day. As a wife and mother with more than a quarter century of experience, I can honestly say I found great encouragement in the words of Donna-Marie, the beautiful scriptural passages, quotes from papal encyclicals and from Bl. Theresa of Calcutta.

If you find yourself in need of a “mini-retreat,” this is the book you’re looking for. Set aside a bit of time each day and allow Donna-Marie to lead you gently through your Domestic Church…you’ll enjoy the journey!"

******************


Thank you very much, Kimberly for your lovely review. I'm glad that you enjoyed my book and I appreciate that you have passed the word to other busy Moms. :)
God bless your journey!

Donna-Marie

Visit Kimberly's blog here

No comments: