Monday, February 23, 2009

"A Generous Serving of Love at Grace Cafe"


This review is from Dawn at A Helping Hand blog:

Donna Marie Cooper-O'Boyle has given us just that in her beautiful book Grace Cafe.

She fills you up with truths from Church documents, encyclicals and inspiring words from such saints as Therese of Lisieux and St. Joseph. She truly shines her light on Christian motherhood.

Donna Marie shows us mothers how to turn our everyday lives into one constant prayer and offering to the Lord. Beginning our day with prayer for our families. Asking Our Lord to bless our families and our husbands.

As wives and mothers we are placed by specially appointed keepers of our domestic churches. The opportunities to holiness are endless. Holiness is found in the teaching of prayers to your children, in fixing supper for your husband and even in the laundry piled high.

I highly recommend this book for those occasions when you feel overwhelmed by it all. This book ends with some beautiful prayers and poems that will renew and refresh you.

*******


Thank you very much, Dawn, for your lovely review!

God bless you!
hugs,

Donna-Marie

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Donna Marie, thank you for your comments on my blog. I really enjoyed reading Grace Cafe. The chapter where you discuss the children leaving the nest really got to me. I have a 14 year old and those days are right around the corner for me.

You have also inspired me to take a closer look at St. Joseph. I am in the process of getting to know the saints and I hadn't even thought of St. Joseph. Thank you for reminding me. Blessings in all you do and I look forward to reading your upcoming book on Blessed Mother Teresa.

Donna-Marie Cooper O'Boyle said...

Dawn,

You are very welcome. :) I'm glad you enjoyed Grace Cafe. Enjoy every moment with your 14 year-old. I can't stress that enough!

God bless you!
Have a Blessed Lent!
hugs,

Donna-Marie