Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Trying to catch up...


I told you recently that I would catch up with you. I have been so busy! My new book, Catholic Saints Prayer Book was just released! I have been doing book signings as well as planning and preparing retreats that I will be giving. One is coming up on April 26th in Connecticut and will be very beautiful because it also includes an opportunity for Mass in the morning, two talks, lunch, a time of Eucharistic Adoration and an opportunity for Confession, plus a book signing. Details are on the appearance section of my website here.

I've been so busy with family, projects, my book launch and all, that I forgot that a Television series that had been taped about me a few months ago was airing! I missed the first episode which aired last Thursday! However, I thought, well, that's okay because the Part One will air again next week. Guess what? Missed that one too! I have the tapes, so it is not a big deal. Parts Two and Three will be aired this month, as well. Maybe I'll find some time to sit down and watch them with my family.

Let's see, what else? Want to get your house in tip top shape? It happens when the TV station calls and asks if they can come over and feature you on their show because of your recent trip to the Vatican Congress! Need I say more? You certainly don't want anyone zooming in with their TV camera on a little stray "dust bunny" or a possible smear or anything on the window as the sunlight streams in, now would you? I even allowed the photographer into my little office which is a big mess! I am trying to get it organized. My husband had just brought another set of shelves into my office. I had my papers and things in piles on the floor to sort and put away nice and neat and organized! You know, some good old spring cleaning. However, with all of the busyness with book signings and appointments at physical therapy and doctor's offices, writing articles, as well as dealing with major head and body pain, needless to say, my piles of stuff that were to be organized did not get done in time for this interview. I told the photographer and the reporter that no one had been allowed in my office except family, so far. But, they wanted to see my office to get a few shots in there. So, you'll get a peak at where some of my books "come from!"

This show will air around Mother's day. I will also be able to link it to my blogs and website as I have done with this ORTV Crossroad's Magazine television show (same people) before when they featured my Catholic Prayer For Mothers book and my relationship with Mother Teresa.

In addition, there were reporters to my house and phone interviews with others about my new book and the Vatican experience.

I've also been busy getting details worked out and flights booked for my trips to Chicago and EWTN in Birmingham, both in May. The Chicago trip will be to the RBTE (the Religious Booksellers Trade Exhibit) which is the largest Catholic bookseller conference! I have been invited by Our Sunday Visitor to be one of their three chosen authors to do a book signing there with my newest book. Straight from there, I fly down to Alabama to be featured on four segments on the "Faith & Culture" show moderated by host, Colleen Carroll Campbell about the Vatican Congress and Mulieris Dignitatem with a few other women whom I was very honored to get to know while we attended the congress together. They are: Genevieve Kineke, Teresa Tomeo, Dale O'Leary, and Elizabeth, Kirk. I'll let you know when EWTN will air the segments as soon as I know.

I've posted this before, but here is a reflection I wrote for Lay Witness magazine about the International congress that I attended which was held in Rome in February.

And by the way, I am scheduled for an MRI on my brain on Thursday, April 17th. The doctors want to make sure there's a brain in my head somewhere! :) Actually, it's really because of the car accident that my daughter and I were in which has caused some problems. If you could spare a prayer, please pray for me for Thursday. I'm more concerned about the procedure, to tell you the truth, than the test results. It's the dye they'll put in me and the fact that I have had severe allergic reactions to medications in the past. Plus the tight quarters of the MRI and all. But, with prayer, and God's good grace, I'll get through it and then, God willing, back on my feet to do my Barnes & Noble book signing this Sunday in Danbury, CT.

So, there you have at least a bit of an update on what's been going on here. Oh, and throughout all of this, I had to say, "Good bye" to my artist daughter, Chaldea who went to Ireland and Scotland to work on some farms for a couple of months. She's like me, she loves nature. She deserves this bit of time enjoying Ireland, a place some have called "a piece of Heaven."

I'll bring you some more news soon and will be posting a beautiful letter from a Mom to her son about her faith. Stay tuned for that.

God bless your day! Wherever you are in this great big world, give your smile away and brighten someone's day. Hug your children a little tighter, hang on to those family times. Be understanding of the grumpiness of some people - maybe they just need a little love. Pray, pray, and pray some more.

I hope you experience the sites of some bright blooming forsythias or early spring flowers. It's happening here and it's gives a fresh feeling of rebirth.

Be good, be happy, take care of the people around you and love them with all of your heart!

Thank you in advance for your prayers.

God bless!

Donna-Marie

5 comments:

Karen Edmisten said...

Donna, Thanks so much for the long and news-y post! :-) Prayers for you for all of the above!

Heidi Hess Saxton said...

Sounds like you're one busy lady! Just wanted you to know that the Catholic Saints Prayer Book arrived in the mail today ... what a beautiful little book! Blessings, Heidi

Donna-Marie Cooper O'Boyle said...

Hi Karen,

THANK YOU for the prayers! I hope everything is going fine with your project!

God bless and love,
Donna

Donna-Marie Cooper O'Boyle said...

Hi, Heidi,

I'm so glad the book arrived and glad you like it!

God bless and love,
Donna

Carey said...

Wow, you have been busy!
I know Im a day late, but i hope your test went well, when do you get the results?