Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Please pray for this mother of young children


I just found out about this young mother, Emilie who has very young children, one is a baby, who needs prayers right now. She and her family need our prayers. In a note to her friends she said, "Thank you for all your prayers and support, and please keep them coming. I need to hold onto hope that miracles are possible. And even if there is no miracle, or not the kind I wish for, I need your support to stay strong and face this with courage. And Steve needs your support, too. And our poor, sweet boys. Thank you."

I'll send you over to her blog here so you can see for yourself and read Emilie's own words about her situation. Please say a prayer for her today and continue, if you will. We all have to pray for one another throughout life's journey. Emilie and her family need us now.

Dear Blessed Mother Mary, please bring this family peace and healing. Wrap them in your mantle of love. Dear sweet Jesus, give them strength, increase their faith, their hope, and their love. Amen.

If you can please spare a few moments, I invite you to pray a Memorare novena for this family right now. Mother Teresa used this form of prayer often. She had her sisters pray nine Memorares in a row whenever there was an urgent need. Then, in thanksgiving, no matter what happens, it's good to pray another Memorare novena of thanks.

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my mother; to thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me.

Amen.

No comments: