Friday, July 3, 2009

A few thoughts to ponder on St. Thomas's feast day


Jesus said to Thomas, "Put your finger here and see my hands, and bring your hand and put it into my side, and do not be unbelieving, but believe" (John 20:27).

It's tough to walk in faith sometimes, perhaps even most times amid the everyday challenges that beset us in a world that mocks our faith to begin with. Yet, Our Lord is calling us to a deeper faith and trust in Him with our lives. When we pray our Rosaries, the first 3 Hail Mary's we pray are for an increase in faith, hope, and love. We need to believe that Our Lord does indeed grant us these gifts.

This Psalm from today's readings invites us to entrust ourselves to our Lord in faith:

In you, O Lord, I take refuge.
Let me never be put to shame.
In your justice, set me free,
hear me and speedily rescue me.

Be a rock of refuge for me,
a mighty stronghold to save me,
for you are my rock, my stronghold.
For your name's sake, lead me and guide me.

Release me from the snares they have hidden
for you are my refuge, Lord.
Into your hands I commend my spirit.
It is you who will redeem me. Lord.

O God of truth, you detest
those who worship false and empty gods.
As for me, I trust in the Lord:
let me be glad and rejoice in your love.

It's okay to experience doubts at times, but take those doubts to the Lord and ask Him for an increase in faith. Ask Him for guidance and clarity of mind. He'll give those gifts to you.

I pray that you will have a beautiful, grace-filled day!

God bless and hugs,

Donna-Marie

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Beautiful! God bless!