Tuesday, October 30, 2007

The Heart of Motherhood: Finding Holiness in the Catholic Home


From Sarah of Just Another Day of Catholic Pondering:

The Heart of Motherhood, by Donna-Marie Cooper O'Boyle

This book came in a brown paper package a few months ago, and I saved it to be my hospital book (though it nearly killed me to see it sitting there so patiently on my shelf, waiting for the baby right along with me). What a book to read during those first few days with my new baby! As I savored the excitement of my new daughter, feeling much the way I remember feeling on the Christmas mornings of my single-digit years, Donna’s book reminded me about the hard work and the bright rewards of motherhood. She doesn’t gloss over the difficulty, nor does she make light of the responsibility. In this book, she does what she does so well – she encourages all of us mothers.


In the past few months, I’ve gotten to know Donna a bit, through her two blogs and some emails we’ve exchanged, and reading this book was just like talking with Donna. Each chapter ends with prayer, the kind that you’ll want to copy into your prayer book or post on your bathroom mirror. I felt the same sort of comfort in reading this book that I feel when I’m having a cup of tea with a dear friend. So go and grab a copy of this book and a steaming cup of tea. Donna has some words of encouragement for you!

***


Thank you, Sarah! I'm so glad that you are reading The Heart of Motherhood at a time when things are so near your heart!

God bless!

4 comments:

Sarah Reinhard said...

I was glad to read it at this time too, Donna! :) I'm glad you wrote it! :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds good..

Donna-Marie Cooper O'Boyle said...

Sarah,

Well, God is so good, isn't He?

Donna-Marie Cooper O'Boyle said...

Mrs. Jackie Parkes,

Thanks. :)