Monday, October 15, 2007

Happy feast day of St. Teresa of Avila!






St. Teresa of Avila said, "Christ has no body now, but yours. No hands, no feet on earth, but yours. Yours are the eyes through which Christ looks compassion into the world. Yours are the feet with which Christ walks to do good. Yours are the hands with which Christ blesses the world." Let us remember those words as we use our hands to care for our families, as we use our feet to go about doing good in the household, as we use our eyes to seek out the needs of others and then allow Christ to bless others through our eyes!


Let us also remember St. Teresa's words, "Let nothing trouble you, let nothing frighten you. All things are passing; God never changes. Patience obtains all things. He who possesses God lacks nothing: God alone suffices," as we thank God for the blessedness of our vocation of motherhood where we pray for the sanctification of our families!

3 comments:

Tracy said...

I just love St.Teresa, she is the Saint I chose when I was confirmed.(we had to choose a saint's name for ourselves that we could relate to)

Also, just wanted to let you know I have nominated you for the Mathetes award! You can check my blog for the details.. I thought you were well deserving of this award! Blessings!

Donna-Marie Cooper O'Boyle said...

I love her too, Tracy. Thank you for the honor of the Mathetes award! I will be sure to check out your blog.

God bless,
Donna

Anonymous said...

Does anyone know if there are any traditions for St. Teresa feast day?