Wednesday, August 29, 2012

My daughter is leaving for the Thailand Burma border!

I can't believe that my daughter, Jessica is leaving tomorrow for the Thailand/Burma border Yikes! She'll be volunteering and helping trafficked women there. Please keep her in your prayers for safety.

Today, we had to get last minute errands done before we shove off early tomorrow. On our way back home, we had to make one more stop and that was at our parish center so I could pick up my class list and books for this year's faith formation. As we passed the building, Jessica nostalgically said, "There's my nursery school!" I told her we actually needed to stop there for a minute. She wasn't aware that I needed to do so until that moment.

So, it was such a perfect time to stop and get my things (which were at the same building). It gave us an opportunity to pause and reminisce--just for a couple of minutes--what perfect timing, actually. I really couldn't have planned this--I had so many other things on my mind. It just HAPPENED. I mentioned to Jessica that I was picturing in my mind a photo of her on her first day of Catholic pre-school when she was sitting on the steps. Jessica assured me that she knew the exact picture and remembered precisely where she was sitting at the time. She also had the sweet idea to sit on the SAME step and have me take a picture of her. Twenty three years later. Wow!

I still can't believe she leaves tomorrow to help women on the other side of the world. Lord, have mercy. Please! Please take care of my sweet daughter, Jessica with the generous heart.

When we got back to the house I just had to look through our photo albums to find the picture. Here it is!

Not quite 3 years old on the steps of her pre-school on the first day of school.


My sweet daughter, Jessica at 26 years old the evening before she leaves for Thailand.

So hard to believe she's leaving in the morning...She'll be gone for six months...God bless her! Please.

5 comments:

Karen Edmisten said...

Prayers for Jessica. And for her mom. :)

And, prayers for those she's going to help ... such unimaginable horror. What a brave young woman she is!

Donna-Marie Cooper O'Boyle said...

Thank you so very much, Karen! We are on our way ro the airport!

Anonymous said...

Don't worry, Donna; Jessica will be back home before you know it.

I will keep her in my prayers throughout the next six months. May all the angels surround her and protect her at each and every moment! What a generous soul she is. God will reward her richly!

A daughter worthy of you, my friend, and I mean that sincerely!

Lorraine

Lorraine said...

Donna, I just left a comment but for some reason, once again, it appears that it just disappeared after I hit "Publish Your Comment". Maybe it went into spam?

In any event, prayers for Jessica and for you, dear Donna-Marie!

Lorraine

Donna-Marie Cooper O'Boyle said...

Thank you so very much, dear Lorraine! God bless you!