Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Help send Katy to Uganda...


Help send Katy to Uganda!

This is from a young woman who is going to Uganda for mission work...

"Here I am. Send me out. Let me shine for Your glory..."

"Hello friends and family!

Over the past few years, I've really felt God calling me to do mission work in Africa, and I am so blessed to have the opportunity to finally travel there this summer. I will be volunteering for approximately 5 weeks this summer at New Hope Orphanage and Primary School in Kampala, Uganda, which is home to about 1000 kids.

Over the past several months, I have been in contact with the pastor who founded this orphanage and am very excited about the work they have in store for me. I will be assisting medically in their clinic, helping teach the children in a number of subjects, and hopefully working on the establishment of a secondary school for the orphanage, as well as however else I can help them. I will also be conducting a number of interviews, doing research, and taking photos for the novel I'll be writing that will tell the fascinating story of the orphanage and the people involved with it. Once the novel is completed, we hope to publish it and use the proceeds to support the orphanage.

This is an incredible opportunity that is exactly what I've been praying for over the past few years, but as with any mission trip, it is not free. My estimated costs are sitting between $3400 and $3500, which (although expensive for a college student) I feel will be completely worth the experience and opportunity to serve these people. If you would like to support me in this effort, that would be amazing!

Aside from monetary support, I'm going to be in great need of your prayers! This trip is going to be challenging physically, emotionally, and spiritually, and although I am completely willing to embrace this, your prayers and encouragement will always be greatly appreciated.

While on the trip, I plan to write a blog to keep all of you updated on my work in Uganda. I may also have email updates, so be sure to sign up on the list if I do.

Thanks so much for all of your support in helping me serve the Lord in Uganda. I'm looking forward to seeing how He'll use me to serve this community!

God Bless!
Katy Britten

If you would like to support me financially, you can mail any donations, made out to Katy Britten, to the address below.

A. Granger
3180 Cane Rd. #164
College Station, Texas 77845"

No comments: