Sunday, May 31, 2009

Happy Pentecost Sunday!



A Morning prayer for Pentecost Sunday:


Psalm 62 (63)
Thirsting for God
How good and kind is your Spirit within us, O Lord! Alleluia.
O God, you are my God, I watch for you from the dawn.
My soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you.
I came to your sanctuary,
as one in a parched and waterless land,
so that I could see your might and your glory.
My lips will praise you, for your mercy is better than life itself.
Thus I will bless you throughout my life,
and raise my hands in prayer to your name;
my soul will be filled as if by rich food,
and my mouth will sing your praises and rejoice.
I will remember you as I lie in bed,
I will think of you in the morning,
for you have been my helper,
and I will take joy in the protection of your wings.
My soul clings to you; your right hand raises me up.
Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be,
world without end.
Amen.
How good and kind is your Spirit within us, O Lord! Alleluia.


Have a very BLESSED day!

No comments: