Sunday, October 26, 2008

Borders Book Signing for my Two New Books!



Well, my two new books are now officially launched! They are The Domestic Church: Room by Room and Grace Cafe: Serving Up Recipes for Faithful Mothering.


The best part of the book signing was shortly after my daughter, Jessica arrived from the train from college. She was able to steal away some time from college for my celebration. Jessica hadn't seen my books yet because she was away. So, she picked them up and started to flip through them with her sister, Mary-Catherine. They were reading them at my table! Jessica teasingly said, "Hey! There's a whole blurb in here (The Domestic Church) on Mary-Catherine!" And I said, "Jess, there's a whole blurb on you in Grace Cafe about when you went to India." :) As they read parts about themselves, they smiled or laughed. I tried to capture it with my camera, however, instead I got a couple of hamming it up pictures. :) But it was lots of fun! Of course, I thoroughly enjoyed meeting all of the people who came to my table.







Afterwards, we went out to a favorite Japanese restaurant to have a hibachi dinner to celebrate. We enjoyed our time together, and had lots of laughs. I tried a glass of plum wine for the first time and found it to be delicious!

The only bad part about the day was that I was missing my son, Joseph who couldn't make it home from college this time since he had so much going on with midterms, essays, newspaper meetings, and rehearsals for a play. But we'll soon be together at a celebration in his honor at his college for being on the Dean's list! Way to go, Joseph!


By the way, the daughter all the way to the right in the restaurant picture is my famous illustrator, Chaldea! She illustrated the cover of my new book, The Domestic Church: Room by Room! She has also illustrated my Prayerfully Expecting book and parts of The Heart of Motherhood!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

congrats!! What a special day! Thanks for sharing the photos - your daughters are gorgeous, just like Mom, inside and out!
Lisa