Friday, January 25, 2008

My days have been filled with...

My days have been filled with meetings with interviewers and photographers coming to my home to document the news about my upcoming trip to the Vatican. It's been like a whirlwind around here trying to accomplish all of that plus get the many events set up for my upcoming book, Catholic Saints Prayer Book which will be released in March. I've been completing writing assignments, attending functions, helping my daughter study for exams, fighting off the migraine head ache that has decided to linger for over a week, and even involved in a debate/discussion with some fellow Catholics regarding Catholicism and a woman's role. Oyvay! Lord, give me strength, please! And He does.

I'll pass along the article to you from the front page of today's paper a little later on when I can get the link to it.

I'll be leaving in a little over a week for Roma! I'm taking two of my daughters with me to take it all in. I am excited about the International women's congress that I will be attending on the occasion of the twentieth anniversary of Pope John Paul II's Apostolic Letter, Mulieris Dignitatem, On the Dignity and Vocation of Women and will be immersed in three full days packed with conferences run by The Pontifical Council for the Laity.

Please say a little prayer for me as I prepare for this mission and also for our safety, please. I will keep you all posted and plan to take tons of photos that I will post when I get back.

God bless your day!

3 comments:

Jen said...

Be assured of my prayers....not only for the trip but also these days leading up to it. God is so good!!

Roxane B. Salonen said...

Donna,

Wish you could pack up a few of us in your suitcase. We look forward to the report. Take it one hour at a time!

Anonymous said...

Donna - we are so proud of you and your accomplishments. Have a safe trip. Keep us posted about the events.