Sunday, September 16, 2007

What do you think?


Teresa Tomeo and I will be having another Mom's Corner coming up soon on her "Catholic Connection" show on Ave Maria Radio. I'll let you know when I have the date. I'd like to know what subject or subjects you are interested in hearing about. Do you have any parenting questions? We've talked about passing down the faith to our kids, summer parenting and prayer, books, inspiration, and more.

What are some topics that you'd like to hear about? Don't forget that you can call into the show, too. Just leave me a comment here at "Embracing Motherhood" or send me an email at DMCooperOBoyle(at)aol(dot)com with your suggestions. Thanks for your participation! :)

God bless!

2 comments:

Angela Walker said...

I love Teresa Tomeo! I try to listen every day at work.

I am curious about how to get the kids interested in listening to the mass and understanding the respect that we need to give.

This week we were sitting in the front row and my kinds were playing with their toys during church. Now, while I don't mind that too much, I expect my oldest who is 8 to do the sign of the cross and pay attention at certain points, especially when we're getting ready for communion. She did her first communion last year.

What is a good way to teach them how special mass is?

Donna-Marie Cooper O'Boyle said...

Hi Angie,

Thanks for your comment about teaching our children the importance of the Mass. There are excellent children's books about the Mass that you can read to them. You can spend a little bit of time every day to discuss your faith, the Mass, and the Sacraments, little by little. You will see that they will drink it all up and retain it.

You mention your eight year old who made her First Holy Communion and you wanting her to pay more attention to Mass and to bless herself with the Sign of the Cross. These are all things that are easily taught with practice and time. You are an example to your children. Take the time each day to pause with them and bless yourselves with the Sign of the Cross and pray simple prayers. By getting into the habit with them of praying together, prayer will become as natural as breathing. Start when they are very young. This is important.

Thanks again for your comment and we will be sure to address this soon on the show.

God bless,
Donna