Monday, November 24, 2008

A few things that struck me as FUNNY!

Yesterday after Mass, as I walked through our Church hall, one of my son Joseph's friends (twenty years old) said, "Happy Birthday!"

I was surprised and asked, "How did you know that it is my birthday today?" I didn't think that Joseph had been in touch with this friend in a while because they were both very busy with studies and away at college.

He very nonchalantly replied, "I saw it on Face Book."

That seemed so funny to me! :) My, how the world has changed!

Another funny thing is that last night I had a dream that I was at Ebeth Weidner's house and she was making some sort of craft with chocolate and she told me that she would be visiting Sarah Rheinhard the following day, so if I had anything to give Sarah she would bring it to her for me. This may not strike you as funny, but I have never dreamed of Ebeth and Sarah before (both bloggers and writers), but it was fun visiting Ebeth!

Here's one more...this really happened. This morning 3 cars pulled up into my neighbor's driveway. Something looked a little fishy. This is an elderly neighbor woman who lives with her husband who stays to herself pretty much and doesn't get very much company except week ends when occasionally her children will visit. I knew that her husband was off at work and she was alone.

The guys got out of their cars and started to look around the outside of the house. One peered in the living room window then stepped back kind of quickly. I thought that they could be painters coming to do an estimate. However, their cars were ordinary with no logos on them. I decided to call my neighbor to see if she was alright. I got her phone number off my bulletin board and dialed the phone.

I said "Hello Bev, this is Donna, across the way, is everything okay?" She said, "Yes, why?" I told her I had seen the cars pull up and the men looking around the outside of her house. She said, "On no!" She didn't know they were there!

Then suddenly, it occured to me that Bev sounded a bit different and I asked her if this was Bev at such and such a number that I called. She said "No" and explained that her name was Bev, too, but the number was one digit off! I apologized profusely for scaring her and quickly called my real neighbor, Bev who was very appreciative for my call and said that they were going to have their house painted!! Better to be safe than sorry. We have to look out for one another, especially for people who live alone.

3 comments:

Ebeth said...

WAY TOO FUNNY!! However, you can stop by ANY time!! Hm, making a craft with chocolate? I need to check into that!

Love it! Hugs and happy THANKSGIVING!!

Ebeth

Donna-Marie Cooper O'Boyle said...

Yes, it was really fun to be at your house! You were making chocolate candy shapes and doing a bunch of other stuff (my mind is constantly whirling!) And it was so funny that you were about to visit Sarah! Do you know Sarah? I think you would. She's at Just Another Day of Catholic Pondering.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and keep up the good work with exposing those criminals and with your blogging.

Blessings and hugs,

Donna

EC Gefroh said...

LOL. Very funny Donna! I think I dreamed of one blogger once.