Monday, July 23, 2007

I can't get that boy out of my mind...

I just can't get that boy out of my mind...thinking about the extent of his injuries and the pain he must be in - and that's a good thing that he won't leave my mind - it prods me to constant prayers for him and his buddy.

The little bit of an update that I have for you...Bryant (who is 18, my son, Joseph's friend, and fellow band member) is still in critical condition after his hiking accident - thank God he is alive! The other boy, Tyler is fine, I hear. Thank You, dear Lord!

Here's what I heard happened - The two boys were hiking at a hiking park. Bryant went ahead of his buddy, Tyler. When Tyler caught up to where he thought Bryant would be he couldn't find him and looked around. A rock had become lose under Bryant's foot and he fell hundreds of feet. Tyler heard Bryant's groans from below. Tyler had to scale down sharp rocks for hundreds of feet to get to Bryant. He tumbled most of the way down. After checking on Bryant and talking with him briefly, he hiked the hill to get to a telephone and call for help. They were both flown by Life Star helicopters to two hospitals.

Bryant is in Intensive Care. He has three brain contusions, a broken hip, two broken legs, his hand are broken, most or all of his ribs, something wrong with his spine, and I'm not sure what else. Bryant lost his father suddenly last year because of a stroke. I know that Bryant's Mom is devastated right now. I will surely keep you all posted and appreciate your prayers. Let's storm Heaven for Bryant's healing and whatever else it is that God is doing with him and his family and loved ones.

Thanks so much for your prayers.

God bless,

(I HAVE UPDATED THE NEWS IN ANOTHER POST)

2 comments:

Elizabeth Foss said...

Praying mightily here! His poor mother. Thanks for letting us know and please do keep us posted.

Donna-Marie Cooper O'Boyle said...

Thank you dear Elizabeth! I certainly will keep everyone posted. You are so good to pray.